Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Things to be proud of..

Okay, so I am an utterly bad blogger.  Who is surprised.  Not me, oh well.

So it's been a funny week or so.  All kinds of turns of events.  Tonight I was chuckling at several things that have come up & that I'm trying to work through.. and I decided to write a post stealing the style of Glamour mags "Hey it's ok" (to not feel bad about these things) style that I enjoy reading =)

Hey it's ok:
To not want to accept your ex's LinkedIn connection invitation..
To "connect with" another guy on LinkedIn that you had a short something with & be proud of his well polished resume that he's posted.. which sounds familiar because you wrote it & helped to clean it up.  He might not be a keeper but his resume looks good, if I have to say so ;)
To feel too lazy to get a spray tan then seriously feel the need to look at the celebrities who are famous fellow "whities"... although Anne Hathaway looked kind of good with her "bad" spray tan in Bride Wars as it wore off.  Curse her.
And to justify getting a pedicure because the last time you polished your own toe nails you spilled so much polish you had to get a new rug.. might as well have paid for the pedi vs. the rug & gone through less trauma!

And hey it's ok to hope it keeps raining enough to clear off your windshield until you need an oil change so that they can just refill your windshield washer fluid because popping the hood of your car just gives you too much anxiety.
        And it's okay to have gotten used to using your closed toilet seat as a place to iron/keep your small ironing board set-up on.. & store other things on/around.  And totally justify waiting a little longer to get it fixed.  The price for plumbing is probably going down or I'll probably inherit a really useful & handy  boyfriend tomorrow who can fix it.

Hey it's ok:
To not have the nerve to ask the ER doctor if he is single even while you were strung out on drugs & in his care but now want to stalk him?  (not sure on this one - hey it's okay or not okay?!  what do we think?)  He did give me his name on my prescriptions & of course I remembered anyway =)
To say that you will never ever go on ChristianMingle.com & that it's totally creepy but go ahead & accidentally browse it, just in case you might change your mind.  [And not surprisingly find out that the same men on it or the same men on all the other dating sites (just like you, go figure!)]
To be a little relieved that you are almost done being 27.. even if you are not ready to be 28.  Cause even numbers are better anyway & you've been 28 in your mind for a little while now anyway.

Hey it's not ok:
To litter & use styrofoam but why are we still doing it?!
To reconnect with your ex who finally contacted you after several months, right before your bday weekend & right after a traumatic health event.  This really isn't okay, I hope I can be strong?? Yikes!

Anyway, that's all I have for tonight.  Thanks for sharing this time with me in my deliriousness & insomnia.  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment