Tuesday, July 24, 2012

eRobbery..ugh

Oh, I'm so annoyed.  I knew that this would happen.  I signed up for a "free 7 day" communication trial on eHarmony & knew that I needed to cancel it or I'd have to pay for 3 months worth.. and I didn't cancel it.
And I found out from the trial that the site is horrible and does not seem to be worth the money at all.
It's all a racket!!  (as my mom would say)  I guess people trust the site & somehow people on it, more than others.  And are willing to pay a lot of money to converse online with all the conservative men in Rural USA.  Yuck, I didn't want to but I guess I've forced my own hand.
Maybe it was subconscious.
A friend at work said it's to balance out the fact that I'm meeting back up with my ex an considering talking to him again.  Yep, that's what I get for doing that I suppose.  Maybe it will end up being a better distraction than expected.  "YOU NEVER KNOW"
I do like the forced matching.. if the matches were better =)  Unlike Match, you cannot go out & search/message anyone.  You have to be "matched" with them.  Which saves you time sorting through & weeding out the 70 year old men, smokers & 5'5" men.
Anyway, I had to vent!  Maybe I'll get more active now & try to "get my money's worth".. ugh.  Hopefully at least some good stories will come out of it!  If you didn't know, it's almost $70/month if you just do one month.  And I think I'm paying 30something for 3 months.  If there were more people actually in my city on it who would buy me dinner, I could more easily pay it off with dates. hah.
Totally my fault.  I knew the risks.  Curse eHarmony.

UPDATE: eHarmony gets worse.  Someone just contacted me whom I've already met.  I've been to house.  I've blogged about him, I think (one of the worst first dates I've ever been on.. at the dive bar).  He asked me if I had wanted to chat.  I responded and said, I believe that we have already met and that have been out before..and that I think I have been to his house before.  And I'm not interested in communicating again but thanks =)  Ayayayay.  It's crazier out there every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment